Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Sabine, France 1944


 "Sabine, France 1944"
Acrylic on canvas, 16x20

I've written in the past about a book I found at a thrift store called "The Family of Woman" which is filled with black and white photography of everyday scenes. There is no commentary about the images so you don't really know what's going on; which is perfect for people like me who like to invent new realities! Every time I flip through the book I am captivated by the face of this little girl sitting on a crate next to her mother who is singing and playing the accordion for tips. Though I don't know their actual story, when I see it I see WWII-era France and the resilience that comes from facing a tragedy without giving up hope for the future.

Original fine art by Vancouver, Washington based artist Jamie Lutz Carroll. Buy acrylic paintings, ink and gouache illustrations, limited edition archival prints, and custom and commissioned artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment