Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Manteca

Share

 "Manteca" When I paint abstracts I go in with no preconceived ideas of the outcome: not the shape, the palette, the story, nothing. It is simply to satisfy a primal need within my being to paint. Sometimes when I'm done I can see certain emotions or thoughts worked out on the canvas, and sometimes I just see colors and shapes that are pleasing to me. It's interesting to see how the image changes when turned this way or that and determining which way is "UP". When I was done with this one it seemed undeniably landscape-like - even though I typically can't stand landscape paintings. I decided to give it the name of an actual place and went with the first name I came across, thanks to a bottle of Gnarly Head Merlot made in Manteca, CA. And it was deee-licious!

No comments:

Post a Comment