Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cate

Share
The next edition in the 6x6 series is Cate. I believe I mentioned it in an earlier post but I'll throw it out there again... When I decided to embark on this series of small paintings I had to make a decision about composition: simply paint smaller versions of my typical work, or crop the faces in tight. I chose to paint the faces nearly the same size as I usually do and severely crop all additional information. It's interesting to me to see how they're coming together and how even though the viewer has nothing to go on, the expressions are able to tell so much of the story of the piece.

All pieces from the 6x6 series are six inches square and painted on untreated oak board. They are being sold in my Etsy shop for only $40 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment